―from the resident to the subspecialist―Cohen’s Comprehensive Thoracic Anesthesia compiles the many recent advances in thoracic anesthesiology into one convenient, easy-to-use reference. Concise, clinically focused chapters written by international authorities in the field cover all facets of anesthesia practice for thoracic procedures, logically organized by preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative considerations.
- Discusses new devices for lung isolation, new lung protection protocols, new information on post-operative complications, and new drugs for modulating pulmonary circulation.
- Covers 20 key procedures including tracheal resection, esophagectomy, mediastinoscopy, mediastinal mass, SVC syndrome, and more.
- Describes complex surgeries related to the lungs, pleura, diaphragm, and esophagus.
- Provides case studies and clinical vignettes to illustrate and support case management decisions.
- Offers highly practical guidance for quick reference from editor Dr. Edmond Cohen and a team of expert contributing authors from around the world.
- Features extensive illustrations throughout, including clinical photos and drawings, radiographic images, device images, charts, and graphs.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.